What we do
Journey4 was founded in 2002 to work with service organisations that recognise the importance of aligning their business around its customers. We deliver customer and employee focussed transformation, developing your capabilities, not ours, as we embed change for the long term improvement.
Directors & Advisors
Jonathan is a Director at Journey4 who has extensive experience managing customer-driven transformation in commercial and public service environments across many sectors. He has been working with leadership teams on customer-focused transformation programmes for over 30 years, acting as a trusted advisor to guide them through the change process.
Stuart is a Director at Journey4 and has extensive expertise and experience in delivering organisational change and transformation. He has a track record of delivering strong business impact with more than 30 years commercial experience. He has extensive experience of leading or directing major, complex and business-critical projects, bringing genuine strategic insight.
Jacqueline is an experienced Customer Experience Director, Chief Executive and Non-Executive Director committed to driving customer centricity.
With board level experience in the Transport, Financial Services and Telecoms sectors she has initiated and led successful customer-led change initiatives for 25 years, combining a passion for customer with a drive to motivate people to deliver better customer outcomes.
Jeremy is an industry expert and thought leader in the Utility sector bringing a deep understanding of customer requirements, both client and contractor side.
Formerly Director at National Grid with responsibility for the UK Gas Distribution business, he is the founder of Armco Solutions Ltd, established to advise companies on how to enhance their business performance through the introduction of the latest Asset and Risk Management approaches. Jeremy is a Non-Executive Director at Phoenix Natural Gas and is a Chartered Engineer and Honorary Secretary of IGEM.
Marcia is a Board Director with over 20 years’ experience in Executive and Non-Executive roles.
Having led the growth of a health consultancy in the early 20’s, she led its sale to the Mott MacDonald Group, where she became one of the top nine executive leaders, and the first female one.
Over the last 12 years, Marcia has focussed her work in helping entrepreneurs grow, and scale their businesses, meaningfully contributing to the sustainable growth and success of over 60 SMEs. She is a Growth Expert at The Consultancy Growth Network and a long-term Associate of Equiteq Investment Bank.
We have an exceptional team of talented experts in the fields of Customer, Strategy, People and Performance. Each member of the team provides experience and insight in their respective area of expertise, and collectively we have designed and implemented large scale transformation programmes, with multiple workstreams. In addition to our consultants we have a large network of associates and junior level consultants who we work with on a regular basis to supplement teams.
We are proud to work with the following partners who complement our services and who we recommend highly.
Journey4 was established in 2002 to deliver sustained growth for service sector clients that put their customers first. The business was set up by people who had worked at Board level in service organisations and who felt that there was a gap in traditional consultancy market.
Journey4 founded by Jonathan Booth
- Initially focusing primarily on supporting SME’s to develop a long-term vision and strategy to drive their growth
- First clients included Yorkshire Forward, Business Link, Propaganda, CAP
- Opened Leeds office
2005 – 2010
Established Journey4 in the Transport and Healthcare sectors
- Rail clients including Northern Trains, Serco, Abellio and London Underground
- Health sector work with NHS Yorkshire and the Humber, 10 Primary Care Trusts and health service providers
- Other clients included Romec (Royal Mail /Balfour Beatty jv), and Oldham Council
2010 – 2017
Building out into the Government sectors
- Serco major new client, supporting service improvement in government sectors such as transport, hospitals and justice and immigration
- Developing the ‘Abellio Way’ with European transport service provider Abellio
- Extending transport focus to ferries in Scotland with Caledonian MacBrayne ferries
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust and the ‘Safe Hands’ programme, quoted as “The best hospital-based service transformation I’ve seen in the NHS in 20 years.” Chief Executive Officer, NHS Yorkshire and Humber
2017 – 2022
Launched into Utilities sector and shaping the future of rail in the UK
- New management team with 10-year vision, new head office in York
- Return to Northern Trains to drive customer focused strategy
- Driving customer focus for the new Great British Rail Transition Team
- Transport sector work with MTR, Heathrow Express and Network Rail
- Utilities sector launched through waste water and capital projects with Amey
- Awarded place on prestigious 4-Year Government Management Consultancy Framework (MCF3)
- Government sector work continues with Cabinet Office (Brexit), Defra, Border Force, Tameside MBC and the Planning Inspectorate
- Journey4 celebrate its 20th Anniversary
For more information about how we
can help your business.
Dorothy House Hospice
We are proud to support the Dorothy House Hospice.